Research and Professional Interests
Dr. Roberts is a professor at the Department of Geography and Environmental Engineering. She is the departmental Graduate Admissions Officer, chair of the Whiting School of Engineering Divisional Committee on Diversity, and a member of the Academic Council. Her research interests include: aquatic chemistry, environmental pollutant transformations, environmental pollutant transport, groundwater contamination, hazardous waste management, organic pollutants, reaction kinetics and mechanisms in natural waters, and subsurface remediation.
- Sivey, J.D., Roberts, A.L. (2012). Abiotic Reduction Reactions of Dichloroacetamide Safeners: Transformations of Inert Agrochemical Constituents. Environmental Science & Technology. 46(4). 2187-2195.
- Sivey, J.D., Roberts, A.L. (2012). Assessing the Reactivity of Free Chlorine Constituents Cl-2, Cl2O, and HOCl Toward Aromatic Ethers. Environmental Science & Technology. 46(4). 2141-2147.
- Yu, J.T., Bisceglia, K.J., Bouwer, E.J., Roberts, A.L., Coelhan, M. (2012). Determination of pharmaceuticals and antiseptics in water by solid-phase extraction and gas chromatography/mass spectrometry: analysis via pentafluorobenzylation and stable isotope dilution. Analytical and Bioanalytical Chemistry. 403(2). 583-591.
- Bisceglia, K.J., Roberts, A.L., Lippa, K.A. (2012). A hydrolysis procedure for the analysis of total cocaine residues in wastewater. Analytical and Bioanalytical Chemistry. 402(3). 1277-1287.
- Sivey, J.D., Mccollogh, C.T., Roberts, A.L. (2010). Chlorine monoxide (Cl2O) and molecular chlorine (Cl2) as active chlorinating agents in reaction of dimethenamid with aqueous free chlorine. Environ. Sci. Technol.. 44. 3357-3362.
- Cwiertny, D.M., Arnold, W.A., Kohn, T., Rodenburg, L.A., Roberts, A.L. (2010). Reactivity of alkyl polyhalides toward granular iron: development of QSARs and reactivity cross correlations for reductive dehalogenation.. Environ. Sci. Technol.. 44. 7928-7936.
- Bisceglia, K.J., Yu, J.T., Coelhand, M., Bouwer, E.J., Roberts, A.L. (2010). Trace determination of pharmaceuticals and other wastewater-derived contaminants by solid phase extraction and gas chromatography/mass spectrometry. Journal of Chromatography A. 1217. 558-564.
- Bisceglia, K.J., Roberts, A.L., Schantz, M.M., Lippa, K.A. (2010). Quantification of drugs of abuse in municipal wastewater via SPE and direct injection liquid chromatography mass spectrometry. Analytical and Bioanalytical Chemistry. 398. 2701-2712.
Laboratory Science, Conceptual Modeling, Quantitative Modeling, Field Research
Water and Health
Water in the Environment
Water and Agriculture
Water and Energy
NSF IGERT Participant
groundwater contamination, hazardous waste management, organic pollutant, reaction kinetics, remediation